The Marshall House has been featured in numerous magazines, newspapers, online and on television.
Featured on the Travel Channel's Great Hotels Television Series!
Samantha Brown, host of The Travel Channel's popular show Great Hotels, is well-known for touring some of the country's finest hotels. For the show, Samantha visited The Marshall House, and stayed in one of the hotel's Broughton Balcony Rooms, which features a classic Savannah balcony overlooking Broughton Street. Her on-camera tour of the hotel includes the Library, suites and guest rooms, with special attention to the amenities, architectural details and fun facts. On camera and off, Samantha befriends hotel employees and shares her humor and style with The Marshall House.
Awards, Accolades & Media MentionsThe Marshall House has been featured in numerous magazines, newspapers, online and on television. We're please to have been recognized in the following publications and industry benchmarks.
- Named "10 Best: Most Haunted Spots in the USA!" by USA TODAY - October 2014
- Named "10 Most Haunted Spots in the USA" by 11 Alive Atlanta - October 2014
- Voted "Best Boutique Hotel" in Savannah by readers of Savannah Magazine - October 2014
- TODAY - recommended for July 4 family vacations
- Expedia Insider's Select - 2014, 2012
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence - 2014, 2013 and 2012 Winner
- WeddingWire Couple's Choice Awards - 2014
- Insider's Guide to Savannah, Georgia: Ladies' Home Journal, April 2013
- Haunted Hotels Provide the Perfect October Getaway: FoxNews.com - October 2011.
- Southern Living - April 2011
"The Classic: Marshall House --- The story goes that Mary Marshall's father, a French cabinetmaker, built the Marshall House in 1851 as Savannah's first hotel, before it was seized by Union troops to use as a hospital during the Civil War. Today, the restored 68-room inn is a luxury landmark on Broughton Street with its green shutters and 16-bay wrought-iron veranda.
- Awarded "Diamond Collection" Member status with BedandBreakfast.com
- Featured on The Travel Channel's Great Hotels with Samantha Brown
- 2005, 2004—Best of Savannah (Connect Savannah)
~ Best Hotel ~ "This beautifully restored piece of old Broughton Street history has charmed thousands of tourists and locals alike."
- 2001—Resorts & Great Hotels
- 2000—Preservation Award by the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation
- 1999—Preservation Award by the Historic Savannah Foundation
For More Information, Please Contact:
Cindy Roberts, Corporate Director of Marketing
HLC Hotels, Inc./The Marshall House
Tel: 912.352.4493, ext. 130