FAQs at The Marshall House and Historic Inns of Savannah properties
General Savannah Hotel Questions
- What Savannah hotel offers free wifi? The Marshall House, Eliza Thompson House, The Kehoe House, Olde Harbour Inn, East Bay Inn and The Gastonian all have free wifi.
- What hotel in Savannah allows pets? While the Marshall House is not pet-friendly; our sister properties, Olde Harbour Inn & East Bay Inn, have great pet-friendly rooms. Both are within an easy walking distance to The Marshall House's Broughton Street location, and they even have dog treats and a little gift for your pup!
- Are you one of the Savannah hotels with early check-in policies? Sometimes! If you book direct with us, you'll be on a priority list for early check-in.
- What Savannah hotels have accessible rooms? Not all historic hotels do, but The Marshall House does have accessible rooms. So do our sister properties at The Kehoe House and East Bay Inn.
- What time is check-in / check-out at The Marshall House? 3 pm & 11 am.
- What is the minimum age requirement to check-into the room? 21
- Is smoking allowed at The Marshall House? Nope! But, you can smoke 10+ feet outside the door. That's the Savannah rule.
- Which hotels in Savannah are child-friendly? Children are very, very welcome here at The Marshall House. Plus, the little ones under age 13 stay free. Be sure to ask Bernard the valet for a coloring page and a pack of crayons! Two other child-friendly Savannah hotels are Olde Harbour Inn and East Bay Inn.
Directions & Parking
- At The Marshall House, where do we park and how much is it? The Marshall House offers valet parking for $29 per day. Guests who book directly with The Marshall House (on our website or via the phone) will receive the discounted rate of $24 per day parking. This discount is not available when reservations are made through 3rd party travel websites like Expedia, Booking.com, and other similar sites.
- Direct Booking Bonus: You'll save $5 per day on valet parking if you book here on our website.
- Does The Marshall House offer a shuttle service from the airport? We do not offer a shuttle service, but we're happy to help you get one. The airport is 15.4 miles from downtown Savannah. A taxi ride to the airport generally costs $28 for the first person; $5 for each additional person. Uber and Lyft are also available for less.
- What are your cross streets at The Marshall House? The Marshall House faces Broughton Street at the corner of Broughton and Drayton Streets.
Time & Location of Food Amenities
- Breakfast? A deluxe continental breakfast is available at 45 Bistro from 7-10 am
- Evening Reception? Wine and cheese are served in the Library from 5:30-7 pm Sunday-Thursday
- What is the cancellation policy? Cancellations must be made 7 days in advance for weekends and special events; most week days require only a 3 day cancellation policy. If you booked a pre-pay rate, that reservation may not be canceled.
- What is the Savannah hotel/motel tax? It's 13%.
- Are there other fees? Yes, the State of Georgia requires a $5 per room, per night fee. The City of Savannah charges a $1 per room, per night fee.
- What about the Amenity Fee? The Marshall House does charge a $20 amenity fee. Included in the fee are two breakfasts at 45 Bistro ($10.95 for non-guests); wine and cheese reception and entertainment nightly, professional concierge services, enhanced WiFi throughout the hotel, and more.
- What are the Special Conditions for St. Patrick's Day stays? Cancellations must be received by Feb 1, 2019 for the St. Patrick's Day Celebration (March 15-17, 2019). A valid credit card number is taken at the time of booking with the full, non-refundable deposit due on February 2nd.
- What are the Special Conditions for the Rock 'n'Roll Marathon? Cancellations must be received six weeks prior to the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon (November 1-2, 2019) reservations. A valid credit card number is taken at the time of booking with the full, non-refundable deposit due six weeks prior to the event.
Our Best Rate Guarantee
With The Marshall House’s Best Rate Guarantee, you can be confident that you’re receiving the best rate available on the internet when you book directly with us at www.marshallhouse.com or www.historicinnsofsavannah.com. If you find a lower rate on another site for the same room, either before booking, or within 24-hours of booking with us, we’ll match that rate. Just call us at 1-800-589-6304. Our Guest Services staff will verify the price with you on the phone, and will give you the lower rate for your stay.
THE FINE PRINT
* Properties and websites covered by this agreement include: The Marshall House (www.marshallhouse.com) and Historic Inns of Savannah (www.historicinnsofsavannah.com) The lower rate must be publicly available and immediately bookable. It must be for a room-only rate for the same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay. Our Guest Services staff must be able to see and verify the lower price with you on the phone in order to match the lower rate.
Hotel Rates do Change: Because hotel rates do change, we are only able to honor a lower rate within 24 hours of your booking. After 24 hours, rates cannot be adjusted.
This guarantee does not apply to:
- Opaque or auction sites where the hotel brand and/or the specific hotel is not known until booking is finalized. Examples of these types of sites include, but are not limited to Priceline and Hotwire.
- Web sites that "package" travel, entertainment, hotel and/or food components such as airfare and hotel stay, hotel stay and car rental, hotel stay and restaurant vouchers, etc. Examples of package websites include, but are not limited, to Site 59 and Delta Vacations.
- Packaged rates that include taxes, service charges, meals, coupons, parking, services, or other amenities.
- Qualified discount rates including, but not limited to, Government, AAA or Senior Citizen Discounts.
- Unpublished, negotiated rates with corporations, travel agencies, groups, associations or other rates that are specifically agreed upon by The Marshall House and a specified and limited group, and are not publicly available.
This Guarantee applies only to the room rate. It does not apply to taxes, tariffs or fees imposed by a governmental authority (e.g., federal, state or local) or any gratuities, guest incidental charges, food and beverage charges, resort fees, and any other fees or charges that you may incur during your stay. Other restrictions may apply. This guarantee is subject to change or revocation at anytime.