Ghost Hunting in Savannah?
The Marshall House is Rumored to be a Savannah Haunted Hotel
The Marshall House's history as hospital during the Civil War and through two yellow fever epidemics makes it very conducive to haunted tales. Take any of the local ghost tours, and you'll hear plenty of stories! Rumors and reports include guests seeing ghosts in the hallways and foyers, hearing children running down the long, narrow halls late at night, faucets turning on by themselves, and much more.
The Marshall House has been featured several times on the Travel Channel's haunted hotel programs and specials. At The Marshall House, we love the City's haunted reputation and enjoy the spirited good fun it brings. If you're a ghost hunter, book a stay at The Marshall House and come explore!
The Marshall House's Haunted Reputation
- Named the #2 "Best Haunted Hotel" - USA Today - October 2021
- Featured on Visit Savannah's "Ghost Hunting" video - October 2020
- Named the #5 "Best Haunted Hotel" - USA Today - October 2020
- Named the #8 "Best Haunted Hotel" - USA Today - October 2019
- Featured on VisitSavannah.com - October 2019
- Named one of "11 of The South's Most Haunted Places" by Southern Living - August 2016
- Featured in Visit Savannah blog "Six Most Haunted Places in Savannah You Can Visit" - May 2016
- Named the 8th most Haunted Hotel in the World by USA Today - October 2015
- Named the most Haunted Hotel in Georgia by Yahoo - October 2015
- Featured on The Today Show - Haunted Hotels - October 2015
- USA Today's "10 Best" - Named one of the Most Haunted Hotels in the US - October 2015
- South Magazine feature: "Sleeping with the Spirits" - April 2015
- Featured in Huff Post article: "6 Hotels with Super Disturbing Pasts" — April 2015
- Named "10 Best: Most Haunted Spots in the USA!" by USA Today — October 2014
- Named "10 Most Haunted Spots in the USA" by 11 Alive Atlanta — October 2014
- Haunted Hotels Provide the Perfect October Getaway: FoxNews.com — October 2011
Comments About Our Haunted Reputation
"Cool Historic Place
My daughter and I had a blast staying at The Marshall House. We stayed in room 414 which is reported to be haunted. We had no experiences the first night. The second night Noelle heard footsteps around the room at night and saw and heard the bathroom door close in the middle of the night by itself. She had assumed it was me going to the bathroom but I never did. I woke up hearing footsteps in the room and thought it was Noelle moving around until I saw she was in bed sleeping. It was such a cool historic place. We will be back!"Reviewed by H. Sumrell on 6/2022 via Facebook
"Enjoyed our Adventure...
We stayed there last November, I think the entire 4th floor is haunted. I heard strange noises every night. We enjoyed our adventure so much. The hospitality and service was wonderful."Reviewed by L. Eastham on 6/2022 via Facebook
"Beautiful Haunted Hotel
Hotel was charming and beautiful. Chose this hotel for the haunted history and was not disappointed. Would recommend staying here if you want to be in the heart of Savannah. We will be back again someday."Reviewed by MicahHarlow, Lexington, Kentucky on 5/31/22 via TripAdvisor
The hotel was beautiful and historic. I chose this hotel due to the reputation of it being haunted. Though I did not experience any paranormal activity it was still an amazing experience. The staff was nice and the rooms were beautiful. It was also conveniently located and walking distance from so many things."Reviewed by Dixiegirl816, Waldorf, Maryland on 5/30/22 via TripAdvisor