Stay in a Downtown Savannah Hotel That's Near Tybee Island Beach
Guests at The Marshall House often ask us about visiting Tybee Island, Savannah's beach. Tybee is a short and easy 25-30 minute drive from The Marshall House, and we highly recommend it as a quick day trip from your home-base here with us on Broughton Street.
Tybee Island is an easily accessible barrier island rich in both history and natural beauty. The island's three miles of uninterrupted public beach make the perfect playground for visitors looking for a little something different to experience during their stay.
There's always excellent cuisine and locations to enjoy adult beverages on Tybee. Plus, there are kayaks and bikes to rent, and lots of local galleries and eclectic shops to explore.
For history lovers, the island offers Fort Screven, the Tybee Island Lighthouse Museum, and Fort Pulaski, a major Civil War site.
Directions to Tybee Island from The Marshall House
- Exit The Marshall House's valet service on Broughton Street
- In 1.5 blocks, turn left on to Lincoln Street
- Turn right on Bay Street
- Follow Bay Street to President’s Expressway, take a left.
- Follow the expressway until it hits U.S. Highway 80 and merge left onto 80.
- Follow U.S. 80 onto Tybee Island.