THE MARSHALL HOUSE
ADA Statement, Accessibility, & Features
At The Marshall House, we are dedicated to providing exceptional service to all of our guests, including individuals with disabilities. We strive to ensure that all persons have access to the goods, services, privileges, advantages, and accommodations offered by our hotel and its website. Further, we endeavor for all of our guests and patrons with disabilities to have the ability to make informed decisions regarding their visits by providing sufficient information regarding the accessibility of our property.
It’s important to us that our website is accessible and easy to use for all persons with disabilities. When creating our website, our development team used software tools to identify web accessibility standards as outlined by the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
While the industry is not operating from approved, regulated legislation, The Marshall House is committed to our good faith effort to follow the guidelines available. If you have questions, concerns or have discovered an accessibility issue on our site, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include specifics and any page where an issue has occurred. We will make every reasonable effort to make the page accessible for you.
BUILT IN 1851
The Marshall House was originally built in 1851, and is registered with the Historic Savannah Foundation as an authentic historic property. Consistent with the architectural norms of the day, there are many steps inside Marshall House. We do have an elevator, and offer bellman and valet services to all guests, and are happy to help anyone who needs assistance.
PROPERTY ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES:
- Accessible parking space for vehicle in city-controlled street and garage parking facility
- Accessible route from parking to entrance
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible concierge desk
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance and registration area to the accessible guest rooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to restaurant, meeting room, public restrooms, and bar
- Registration area, restaurant, bar, meeting room, public restrooms, and entrance door way to guest room have 32" wide doorways.
- Elevator is available for access to all property levels.
- Braille and tactile signage is provided.
- Visual alarm strobe lights in public areas.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Hotel employees will read printed information to guests who are blind or have low vision.
ACCESSIBLE GUEST ROOM FEATURES:
If you have any questions about our accessible guest room, you may call 800-589-6304 and inquire with the general manager of the hotel.
- 1 King Bed
- Mobility accessible / hearing accessible
- Mobility accessible entrance door with at least 32" width
- Lowered door viewer
- Lowered security latch
- Level handles on door
- Hearing impaired devices for incoming telephone calls, alarms, and door upon request
- TTY Device, upon request
- Visual alarm clock
- Accessible hanging rack
- Closed captioning television
- Toilet with grab bars
- Toilet seat riser upon request
- Roll-in shower with grab bars
- Transfer handles
- Removable shower head
- Visual fire alarm
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our website or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are here for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us:
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: 800-589-6304
By Mail: 123 E. Broughton Street, Savannah, GA 31401